Starbucks relocates in Norris, set to open March 6

Seeger Gray/Daily Senior Staffer

A Dunkin’ previously sat where the new Starbucks location is on the ground floor of Norris University Center.

Lexi Goldstein, Assistant Campus Editor

A new Starbucks location will open March 6 on the ground floor of Norris University Center, replacing the current location on the first floor. 

Renovated with a marble countertop and a modern look, the spot last occupied by Dunkin’ will have a grand opening on March 13, according to an Instagram post from Northwestern Dining.

Shake and smoothie shop Shake Smart is set to open in Starbucks’ old location on the first floor in Fall Quarter 2023, according to the post.

The first floor Starbucks location is scheduled to permanently close March 5 at 5 p.m., Compass Group District Marketing Manager Sophia Bamiatzis wrote in an email to the Daily. Construction on Shake Smart is scheduled to begin in summer 2023.

The new Starbucks location will offer mobile ordering options through the Starbucks app and have drink orders printed on stickers for both mobile and in-person orders, Bamiatzis added. The coffee bar will feature a new Mastrena II espresso machine and a cold beverage station.  

“We’re looking forward to bringing this new Starbucks to Norris University Center for our NU community and guests,” Patrick Cleope, Compass Group director of retail services, wrote in the email.The new technology, particularly the Starbucks mobile connect app, will help our team increase efficiencies giving our students and guests the prestige Starbucks experience.” 

This article has been updated to include comment.

Twitter: @lexipgoldstein