Captured: Club ice hockey scores back-to-back wins against Purdue University Northwest

Eugenia Cao and Seeger Gray

Welcome to The Daily’s photo blog: Captured. This is a space for The Daily’s photographers to share their best work, including photos from weekend performances and events around the community. You can contact the photo editor by emailing [email protected].

Northwestern’s club men’s ice hockey team played Purdue University Northwest at Robert Crown Community Center twice over the weekend, winning 4-1 Friday night and 5-4 Saturday. The team will face Illinois State this week.

Two teams of hockey players surrounding a referee hold their sticks at the ready.A hockey player with a purple jersey and helmet hits a hockey puck with their stick.A coach wearing black and hockey players in purple jerseys and helmets lean and look to the left.Hockey players skate and struggle to reach a hockey puck with their sticks.A hockey player in a purple jersey and a helmet looks to the left.A hockey player in a purple jersey and protective gear kneels in front of a goal.Two hockey players struggle to reach a puck.A hockey player in a purple jersey and a helmet swings a stick to block a puck.Hockey players in purple jerseys and helmets hug to celebrate a goal.A hockey player in a purple jersey shakes hands with a hockey player in a tan jersey.

Twitter: @EugeniaYujiaCao

Twitter: @seegergray