Vicetone announced as opener for 50th Dillo Day

Max Huberman/Wikimedia Commons

Vicetone released its hit original song “Nevada” in 2016.

Audrey Hettleman, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Vicetone will open this year’s Dillo Day, Mayfest Productions announced Saturday.

“Regardless of exposure to EDM music, virtually everybody will be moved to dance
along to Vicetone’s set,” Mayfest Talent Buyer Zach Fox said in a news release.

Dillo Day, the nation’s largest student-run music festival, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. To commemorate the festival’s origins, this year’s theme is “Return to the Rodeo.”

Dutch performers and childhood friends Victor Pool and Ruben den Boer comprise the pop EDM group and make music inspired by DJs like Swedish House Mafia and Avicii. The duo has performed around the world, including at large festivals like San Diego’s Life In Color Festival.

After its 2016 remix of “Astronomia” by Tony Igy gained TikTok popularity, the group’s existing fan base grew. “Astronomia” and 2016 release “Nevada” both have hundreds of millions of streams on Spotify, and the group has more than 4 million monthly listeners on the platform.

“Regardless of whether they are playing original music or their mixes, Vicetone is
consistent in bestowing music that is vibrant, melodic and danceable,” the release said.

Dillo Day tickets are free for undergraduate students, $15 for undergraduate guests and $25 for Northwestern alumni and graduate students. Tickets can be reserved through the Norris Box Office website.

Twitter: @AudreyHettleman