City partners with Northwestern to administer vaccines, continues vaccination events

Daily file illustration by Hank Yang

The city has partnered with Northwestern to administer vaccines to community members, administering 900 doses last Wednesday alone.

Delaney Nelson, City Editor

Evanston has partnered with Northwestern to administer vaccines to community members, according to an April 22 newsletter.

The city administered 900 doses to individuals 30 years and older on Wednesday and 20 in-home vaccinations Thursday. It also held a vaccination event at Faith Temple Church  Thursday in partnership with NorthShore University HealthSystem, at which 100 community members were vaccinated.

Last Friday, the city administered 900 doses of the Moderna vaccine to individuals 18 and older who live and work in Evanston and received an email from the city with registration information. 

The city plans to host similar events each week, and those unable to find an appointment will be notified of future events, according to an email sent last week.

As of Monday, 74,105 doses have been administered to Evanston residents according to the city’s vaccine dashboard. Over 29,600 individuals 16 and older are fully vaccinated, and over 46,400 16 and older have received at least one dose.
Nearly 63 percent of those who have received COVID-19 vaccination doses are White. Around 10 percent are Black or African American, about 7 percent are Asian and less than one percent are American Indian or Alaska Native.
Those who live or work in Evanston should fill out the city’s vaccine interest form, which is available in Spanish. Individuals who are homebound and unable to attend a vaccination event should fill out the city’s in-home vaccination form. The Health and Human Services department will notify residents as soon as a vaccine is available for them.

Twitter: @delaneygnelson