Blotter: Purse stolen, door shattered

Jacob Fulton, Campus Editor

A woman’s purse was stolen from her home in the 1100 block of Michigan Avenue on Thursday afternoon.

The woman, a 62-year-old Evanston resident, told Evanston Police Department she arrived at her home around 3:45 p.m. Police Cmdr. Brian Henry said she went upstairs to change and take a shower.

While she was in the shower, her roommate arrived home through the front door at around 4:20, and Henry said the roommate saw the woman’s purse, containing credit and debit cards, photo identification and other miscellaneous items, on the counter.

However, when the woman came downstairs at 5 p.m., she found that her purse was missing, and her back door was left halfway open, Henry said. Later that day, the woman got notifications from her bank and credit card company saying her card was used at multiple Evanston stores.

EPD does not have any suspects in relation to the case.

Door broken at restaurant

The front door of the Peckish Pig, 623 Howard St., was shattered on Wednesday afternoon.

At around 1:50 p.m., a restaurant employee called EPD and reported that the glass front door had been broken. Henry said responding officers located a small rock outside the door. However, due to road work nearby, he said it was difficult to tell whether the rock was intentionally thrown or accidentally kicked up by traffic.

EPD has no suspects in relation to the case.

Twitter: @jacobnfulton