Blotter: Man arrested for trespassing at Jewel-Osco, burglary at Target

Natalie Chun, Reporter

A 42-year-old Evanston man was arrested Friday on suspicion of trespassing at the Jewel-Osco located on 1128 Chicago Ave.

A 25-year-old male employee of the Jewel reported the incident at 11:50 p.m. on Friday after recognizing the man from a previous incident. The man was caught stealing previously and was told not to come back.

The employee who reported the incident said the man hid multiple 16-oz cans up his sleeve, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said. The employee said the man is around 6 feet 2 inches tall and around 225 pounds, Glew said.

The officer dispatched detained the man based on the description in the 1000 block of Sherman Ave. He was taken to the police station for processing.

Burglary at Target

Two men reportedly stole a $65 bottle of scotch from the Target at 1616 Sherman Ave. on Thursday.

A Target employee recognized one of the men from a previous incident, Glew said. He described the man as around 6 feet 2 inches tall and wearing khakis, a grey shirt with a navy blazer and a yellow messenger bag. The employee stopped the men and the bottle was then revealed from under the other man’s jacket. He handed the scotch to the other man who took it and ran.

Glew said that there is no one in custody but the man who ran with the bottle has been identified from previous incidents.