NU vice president and chief human resource officer to step down

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pamela Beemer. The head of human resources will step down in August.

Source: Northwestern Now

Source: Northwestern Now

Source: Northwestern Now

Peter Warren, Print Managing Editor

After 12 years at Northwestern, University vice president and chief human resource officer Pamela Beemer will step down Aug. 31, 2019, according to a Thursday news release.

Beemer has held this position since 2014. For the seven previous years, she had worked as associate vice president in human resources for the University.

“We are grateful for the many contributions Pam has made to Northwestern over the last 12 years,” Craig Johnson, the senior vice president for business and finance, said in the release. “Under her leadership, Human Resources has become even more of a strategic business partner with our schools and units, helping to improve the University’s position as a great place to work and learn. Northwestern will miss her expert counsel and deep experience.”

Beemer has worked to increase staff engagement, improve benefit programs and investments in leadership programs. She also played a key role in building the HR department on the Qatar campus and continues to be an advisor for the campus, according to the release.

Beemer came to Northwestern from Michigan State, where she worked as director of benefits assistant vice president for human resources from 1999-2007.

“I take pride in the dedication and accomplishments of the Human Resources team,” Beemer said in the release. “The partnerships I’ve formed with many colleagues at Northwestern and across the nation, and the collaboration that I’ve enjoyed while here, have enabled me to leave Northwestern in a better place.”

Email: peterwarren2021@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @thepeterwarren