Blotter: Evanston man charged with theft from Target

Ashley Capoot, Reporter

A 27-year-old Target employee reported Thursday that an item was stolen from the Target on the 1600 block of Sherman Avenue.

He said that a man entered the store and took a vacuum cleaner valued at $80 and fled in a Cadillac with tinted windows.

The Evanston Police Department put out a description to officers, and an officer spotted the vehicle near the 600 block of South Boulevard, EPD Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

The officer stopped the vehicle and told the man to exit the car. The officer identified the vacuum, and brought the man to the EPD.

The Target employee identified the offender, who was charged with misdemeanor retail theft.

Man charged for driving with suspended license

A 2019 black Toyota with a smashed front end was reported driving the wrong way down Harvard Terrace on Thursday. The driver was fleeing from a hit-and-run incident near the 100 block of Asbury Avenue.

EDP officers identified the vehicle parked outside of St. Francis Hospital and located the driver, Glew said.

The man denied that he had been driving, and officers discovered his license had been previously revoked. They arrested him and transported him to the EPD.

He was charged with failure to give information to an unattended motor vehicle, driving without insurance, driving too fast for conditions and driving while license was suspended or revoked.

Twitter: @ashleycapoot