Blotter: Man arrested in connection with domestic battery

Julia Esparza, Copy Chief

Police arrested a 39-year-old Evanston man early Thursday morning in connection with domestic battery and aggravated assault.

Officers were called to the 600 block of Linden Place at about 1 a.m. after a man threatened to stab his girlfriend in the stomach with a knife, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said. The man and woman got into an argument, and the man took out a knife, holding it to the woman’s stomach and causing a 2-inch-long scratch, Glew said.

The woman told police the man threatened to “gut her like a fish,” Glew said. The man also said three times that he was going to kill the woman.

The woman filed a complaint with the Evanston Police Department and officers transported the man to EPD, Glew said.

Police charged the man with domestic battery and aggravated assault.

Man charged with aggravated assault following parking dispute

Police charged a 56-year-old Skokie man in connection with aggravated assault after he threatened to kill a man.

On May 1 at about 10 a.m., the Skokie man threatened to kill a 74-year-old Skokie man. The men got into an argument about the proper way to park and pull into the gas pumps at the Food 4 Less in the 2400 block of Main Street, Glew said.

Though the 74-year-old-man did not initially press charges, he decided to file a complaint after his son encouraged him, Glew said.

Police arrested the 56-year-old man Wednesday for aggravated assault of a person over 60 years old, a misdemeanor.

Twitter: @juliaesparza10