Blotter: Man charged with DUI in downtown Evanston

Jake Holland, Assistant City Editor

A Chicago man was arrested Sunday in downtown Evanston in connection with driving under the influence.

Around 3:30 p.m., the Evanston Police Department received a call about a disturbance at the intersection of Church Street and Sheridan Road, EPD spokesman Perry Polinski said. Officers arrived at the scene and saw an intoxicated man with two women, Polinski said.

The women told the officers they were driving the 24-year-old man back to his Chicago home, Polinski said. He said the police received another call later that day about a disturbance near the intersection of Davis Street and Chicago Avenue. The man had tried to exit the vehicle driven by one of the women while it was stopped at a traffic light.

Officers were sent to the scene but could not locate the vehicle, Polinski said. Later, EPD received a third call of a disturbance at 6:00 p.m. at the intersection of Church Street and Maple Avenue.

Officers at the scene learned the intoxicated man had gotten behind the wheel, Polinski said. The man put the vehicle in drive and exited the vehicle. The vehicle then rolled into a fire hydrant, but no one was injured, Polinski said.

The man was taken to the police station and charged with driving under the influence, Polinski said.

Man arrested in south Evanston in connection with public urination ordinance

A man was charged Sunday in south Evanston with violating a public urination ordinance.

Polinski said the man, who was visibly intoxicated, allegedly urinated on the front window of La Principal, 700 Main St. A restaurant employee had told the man to leave the restaurant after he became loud and argumentative, Polinski said.

Officers located the man just east of the restaurant and took him to the police station, Polinski said. The man was charged with a violation of the city’s public urination ordinance.

Twitter: @jakeholland97