Police Blotter: Two men arrested for marijuana possession, one in connection with unlawful gun possession

Rishika Dugyala, Assistant City Editor

A 24-year-old man was charged in connection with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon when police discovered him and another person inside a vehicle early Sunday morning with a loaded gun.

The man, from Hoffman Estates, Illinois, was charged when officers patrolling the 1700 block of Emerson Street noticed the two males sitting in a car drinking alcohol as well as the odor of unburnt marijuana, according to a news release.

After searching the vehicle, officers found a loaded Colt .357 caliber revolver under the front passenger seat and took both subjects into custody, transporting them to the police department. The male in the passenger seat was charged with the felony for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and the driver, also 24 years-old, was charged with a misdemeanor for the unlawful possession of marijuana.

Skokie man charged with marijuana possession

A 26-year-old man was charged in connection with possession of marijuana Tuesday morning when police discovered the substance in his car.

The car was traveling east on the 500 block of Howard Street when officers on routine patrol stopped the driver after noticing him swerving into the westbound lane, said Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan. While inspecting the car, officers found a clear plastic bag of marijuana.

The male was taken into custody for possessing 2.4 grams of cannabis and was charged with the misdemeanor, Dugan said.

Twitter: @rdugyala822