Evanston Township High School appoints new chief financial officer

Marissa Page, Assistant City Editor

Mary Rodino will be the new chief financial officer of Evanston Township High School and District 202, following the retirement of longtime CFO William Stafford, the district announced Wednesday.

Superintendent Eric Witherspoon appointed Rodino at Tuesday’s board of education meeting. She has served as ETHS’ deputy Chief Financial Officer since 2007. Before joining ETHS’ financial team, Rodino worked as the interim finance director for the city.

The board unanimously approved Witherspoon’s recommendation Wednesday.

“Mary Rodino is an accomplished finance official,” Witherspoon said in a news release. “Her experience and expertise will be valuable for our district as we work through the financial challenges created by the state.”

In her time as deputy CFO, Rodino has led the district’s annual audits and managed cash, banking programs and investments for ETHS.

Stafford will continue to serve as the district’s CFO through the 2015-16 school year, during which Rodino will work closely with him to help ease the transition, the district said. Rodino will officially take over on July 1 of next year.

After eight years as Evanston’s finance director, Stafford joined ETHS in 2006. For the past decade, he has overseen the school’s finances with special consideration for the impact of budgetary decisions on student life, Witherspoon told the Daily in August shortly after Stafford’s retirement announcement.

“To me, Bill has just been an extraordinary chief financial officer because of his ability and true personal embracing of the mission of educating students,” Witherspoon said.

Twitter: @marissahpage