Police Blotter: April 21

Paige Leskin, Managing Editor

Woman robbed Sunday near Evanston-Chicago border

A Chicago woman was robbed Sunday after getting into an argument with two of her acquaintances, police said.

Officers responded to the 900 block of South Boulevard around 9:12 a.m. Sunday to a report from a 22-year-old woman, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. The Chicago woman told police that she and two women she knew got a ride into Chicago, Dugan said.

When the women were being dropped off, they got into an argument over how to pay for the ride, police said. The argument ended with one of the women pulling out one of the 22-year-old woman’s hair extensions and throwing her purse out of the vehicle, Dugan said.

The Chicago woman later discovered that $140 was missing from her purse, Dugan said. He said detectives are investigating.

Juvenile arrested in connection with aggravated assault

Police charged a 16-year-old Evanston male Sunday with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of firearm after he pointed a handgun at an acquaintance, officials said.

A 32-year-old woman told police at about 4:10 p.m. on Sunday that a 16-year-old she knew had pointed a gun at her in the area of Emerson Street and Brown Avenue, then fled on foot, Dugan said. When officers saw the boy in the 1900 block of Emerson Street, he ran away and into a residence, police said.

Police arrested the Evanston boy and recovered a handgun from the residence, Dugan said.

After he was charged, the boy was transported to Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, police said.

Twitter: @paigeleskin