Evanston Community Foundation continues nonprofit workshops

Tori Latham, Assistant City Editor

The Evanston Community Foundation will continue its 2014-2015 workshop series with two upcoming events focused around the theme “To Plan or Not to Plan.”

Both events are designed to give nonprofit organizations the information they need to succeed in the business world and provide them with networking opportunities.

The first workshop will take place March 4 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and focus on succession planning, a process that helps businesses find employees to fill leadership positions. Mary Morten of Morten Group Consulting will provide examples of companies that have created successful plans to deal with organizational challenges to show how they can be effective for nonprofits.

The second workshop will be offered April 29 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., addressing grantmaking relationships. Consultant Lisa Tylke will lead the event, which will include discussions on how to create and maintain connections with corporate and foundation grantmaking representatives. Tylke will provide information on what donors expect from nonprofits, acceptable points of contact in the sponsorship association and effective maintenance of these relationships.

Registration is $40 for each workshop and both will take place at One Rotary Center, 1560 Sherman Ave. in Room 1A.

Twitter: @latham_tori