Buffalo Wild Wings to close in Evanston, relocate to Skokie

Buffalo Wild Wings, located at 1741 Maple Ave., is planning to close its Evanston location by the end of 2014 to relocate to Skokie.

Rebecca Savransky/Daily Senior Staffer

Paige Leskin, Reporter

Buffalo Wild Wings, a hangout for Northwestern students to grab a bite to eat and watch Wildcat athletics, is closing its doors in Evanston and relocating to Skokie.

The franchise, at 1741 Maple Ave., plans to stay open through the beginning of the upcoming academic year and is currently working out its final plans to move, which will likely take place at the end of 2014, said Vicki Frantz, marketing director of KPW Management LLC, a company that owns several BWW restaurants in the Chicago area.

“Nothing’s in stone yet until we’re physically walking out the door, but we had an opportunity to move, so that’s what we’re going to do,” Frantz said. “But we’re still maintaining our relationship with Northwestern and we want to let the students know we still are very much going to be a Northwestern hangout.”

Frantz said BWW will continue to sponsor NU athletics and offer its support to the Evanston community and local high schools. The new Skokie location will offer the restaurant “more exposure in the area,” she said.

BWW has also been the home over the past few years of NU Dance Marathon’s trivia, which gives students the opportunity to fundraise for their DM teams.

DM spokesman Ross Gordon said the restaurant has been a great host for the organization’s events.

“We are very thankful to have had the opportunity to make wonderful memories there,” the rising Medill senior said in an email to The Daily. “We are currently in the process of finding a new location to host trivia for the upcoming school year.”

Twitter: @paigeleskin