James Franco to debut new poetry collection at Northwestern School of Law

Back to Article
Back to Article

James Franco speaks at the University of Texas-Arlington. Franco, an actor, poet and filmmaker, will debut his latest poetry collection Feb. 19 at the Northwestern School of Law.

Source: Rachel Parker/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/MCT

Ally Mutnick, Campus Editor

The Chicago Humanities Festival announced Wednesday actor James Franco will visit Northwestern’s Chicago campus next month to discuss his filmmaking and debut his new poetry collection.

Franco, the star of “127 Hours”and “Spring Breakers,” will join well-known poet Frank Bidart for the Feb. 19 program called “James Franco and Frank Bidart, Off the Shelf.”

A filmmaker as well as an actor and a poet, Franco will discuss his 2010 short film “Herbert White,” which is based off a poem written by Bidart, and his related poetry collection, titled “Directing Herbert White.”

The event will be held in the School of Law’s Thorne Auditorium on NU’s Chicago campus. General ticket sales will begin Thursday at noon. Prices range from $10 to $30. The event is jointly presented by the Poetry Foundation and NU’s Alice Kaplan Institute for the Humanities.

Email: allymutnick@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @allymutnick

About the Writer
Ally Mutnick, In Focus Editor

Ally is a Medill senior whose past positions include campus editor, development and recruitment editor and assistant campus editor. She is from Washington,...