Blotter: Sept. 28

Evanston resident threatened and attacked with plastic gun

A 45-year-old Evanston man was accosted Tuesday night by a man who attempted to rob him at gunpoint.

The resident was in the 500 block of Wesley Avenue at approximately 10:29 p.m. Tuesday when the altercation occurred, Evanston Police Spokesman Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. He was walking up to his house when another man about 25 to 35 years of age approached him to ask for directions. The two were casually conversing when the second man took out a gun and demanded the resident’s wallet, cash and book bag, Parrott said. They struggled, and the gunman struck the resident in the head, took his house and car keys and then fled down an alley.

The resident later realized that the gun was plastic, Parrott said. Evanston police are still investigating the case, which has turned up no suspects.

Man loses personal belongings while exercising

After working out at LA Fitness on Wednesday night, a 30-year-old Evanston resident returned to the locker rooms to discover that his locker had been ransacked, Parrot said.

The man secured his belongings in the locker room of the fitness center, 1618 Sherman Ave., at about 8 p.m. and proceeded to exercise. He came back at about 8:40 p.m. to find that his locker has been emptied of his personal belongings, including his wallet, cell phone and a backpack with miscellaneous contents.

View Sept. 28 in a larger map