EPD, UP issue 31 citations during Dillo Day

The Evanston Police Department and University Police issued a total of 31 citations on and around the Northwestern campus during this year’s Dillo Day.

EPD on Saturday issued seven alcohol-related tickets, including two in connection with underage alcohol sales at Evanston 1st Liquors, 1019 Davis St., said spokesman Cmdr. Jay Parrott. University Police issued nine citations for public consumption of alcohol, according to UP records.

Three citations were issued for public urination, three for possession of cannabis, two for possession of drug paraphernalia and six for violating city codes about age restrictions and identification cards. UP issued most of the citations and most incidents occurred west of campus, according to police records.

Northwestern student punched in the face

A 21-year-old Highland Park resident was charged with battery Saturday after a disturbance in the 800 block of Hamlin Street.

An NU student was trying to break up a fight when the Highland Park resident allegedly punched him in the face, causing the student to receive a cut over his right eye, Parrott said. Another person was also slapped during the altercation.

The man is scheduled to appear in court June 27.

Two charged with aggravated assault

Two 20-year-old men were arrested Saturday after a disturbance in the 2100 block of Orrington Avenue.

The dispute occurred when several people threatened another group with baseball bats, Parrott said.

Both men were charged with aggravated assault, consumption of alcohol by a minor and disobeying police. One was also charged with criminal damage to property, Parrott said.

The men were not NU students and are scheduled to appear in court June 27.