Clothes lines: Worry-free debauchery

You see her early in the morning, teetering down Sheridan in last night’s platforms. She’s bleary-eyed, hair askew and makeup smudged. She self-consciously tugs on the hem of her now-inappropriate bandage skirt as she avoids the curious and often judgmental gazes of joggers and deliverymen.

Don’t be that girl. You never kiss and tell, so why should your morning-after outfit?

It’s Sex Week, and with all the free lube and discussions of porn and BDSM, some of you are likely ready to whip out your La Perla and Agent Provocateur for the weekend. Party on, but who wants to re-enact UK retailer Harvey Nichols’ Christmas 2011 ad? All you need is some ingenuity and planning to “turn a walk of shame into a stride of pride.”

Before you pull on your go-to Herve Leger frock and vertiginous Alaia sandals, calculate your hookup odds. If chances are you’ll go home with a lucky someone, it might do you well to change into a slightly more conservative outfit in preparation for the next morning. Avoid wearing short, tight and low-cut; a going-out dress that focuses on just one attribute is a lot less to swallow in the morning.

For those not ready to bid good morning to their resident security officer in cocktail attire, the answer is in the bag. Skip the