The Rundown

The Academy Awards, the biggest and most boring awards show of the season, took place on Sunday. Movie stars and musicians provided the glamour with gorgeous gowns and crisp tuxes. Octavia Spencer won Best Supporting Actress, and Meryl Streep took home the Oscar in the Best Actress category. Like most Americans, I find the Oscars pretty predictable; if the movie is obscure and no one’s heard of it, it’s probably going to win. However, the show threw me for a loop this year. After Hugo took an early lead, winning five technical awards, The Artist came back with wins for Best Actor and Best Picture. Nonetheless, the star of the night was definitely Angelina Jolie’s right leg.

“Dancing with the Stars” announced its new seaon’s lineup and they’re actual stars. Contestants include Sherri Shepherd of “The View,” tennis legend Martina Navratilova, singer Gavin DeGraw, “The Empress of Soul” Gladys Knight, and even Jaleel White, or Urkel of “Family Matters” fame.

After Keenan Thompson’s appearance on campus this winter, everyone wanted to know, “Where’s Kel?” He must have heard our pleas, because Kel Mitchell recently released photos of his wedding to rapper Asia Lee, which took place earlier this year in January. Surprisingly, this is the 33-year-old’s second marriage. No wonder he was M.I.A. One divorce and a new marriage would take up anyone’s time.

A photo of Whitney Houston lying in her casket was leaked to the National Enquirer, which ran the photo last week. Naturally, the Houston family is upset and looking for answers. Although the funeral home stated that no one on staff took the photo, who really believes that?

The always-a-hot-mess Lindsay Lohan is trying to make (another) comeback. She will be doing interviews in New York, including one on the “Today Show,” before hosting “Saturday Night Live.” Let’s hope she does something about that awful hair and those Lisa Rinna-sized lips beforehand.

-Iman Childs

The Rundown