Blotter 6/29: Party host busted for fake ID

Party host busted for fake ID

Evanston police charged Jason Dong, 19, with possession of a fake driver’s license Sunday morning, police said.

Police received complaints about a noisy party at an apartment in the 1900 block of Sherman Avenue and arrived to break it up at 1:30 a.m., Evanston Police Cmdr. Tom Guenther said. They asked who lived in the apartment, and Dong came forward.

When asked to identify himself, Dong presented an Oregon driver’s license, Guenther said. Police checked the name and file number on the license and found no records matching it, so they arrested Dong.

Man knocks stranger unconscious with punch to face

Police accused Evanston resident Scotty Shaquille Jobe-Scott of punching a man in the face and knocking him unconscious Saturday after the man failed to lend Jobe-Scott a lighter, police said.

The victim and two of his friends were walking toward 7-Eleven on Dodge Avenue at about 12:46 a.m. when Jobe-Scott and a companion asked to borrow a lighter, Guenther said. All three friends said they did not have a lighter. Two continued walking toward 7-Eleven.

The third man continued speaking to Jobe-Scott, Guenther said. The man told police his next memory was waking up on the ground after Jobe-Scott hit him.

The man’s friends confirmed his account, Guenther said. They described Jobe-Scott, and after searching the area, police found and arrested him.

Robber shoots man in thigh

Someone shot an Evanston man Friday and stole his cell phone and hoodie, according to a news release from Evanston police.

The victim was talking to an acquaintence at 2 a.m. in the 1800 block of Lyons Street when a third man approached them wearing a mask and dark clothing, according to the release. The masked man said, “This is a robbery, give me your shoes,” and told the victim to take off his hoodie, which contained his cell phone.

The hoodie’s owner argued with the masked man, and the masked man produced a gun and shot him in the right thigh, according to the release. The masked man then fled.

Police are still investigating, according to the release.