A&O to bring writer, star to ‘Brother’s Justice’ screening

Northwestern’s A&O Productions will bring actor and comedian Dax Shepard to campus today for an advanced screening of his mockumentary-style movie “Brother’s Justice.”

Shephard is known for his role on the television drama “Parenthood” and for co-starring with Ashton Kutcher in the MTV prank show “Punk’d.” He has also made appearances in movies including “When in Rome,” “Baby Mama” and “Employee of the Month.”

After the screening, Shepard and one of the movie’s producers will answer students’ questions in what A&O films co-director Abhit Bhandari called an “informal” session. The program will take place in Harris Hall 107 at 8 p.m.

“It should be an entertaining time, and it should be a funny movie,” the Weinberg junior and former Daily staffer said. “We try to make our events as much fun as possible, and I think we succeed. Dax Shepard is generally a funny guy and very affable and nice.”

Bhandari said in the movie Shepard plays himself, trying to pitch a movie script to Hollywood producers. The film’s co-stars include Jon Favreau, Bradley Cooper and Tom Arnold.

Charlotte Melbinger, films co-director and Weinberg junior, said the presentation will likely be “light-hearted, but witty.” She said this isn’t the first time A&O has shown a film’s pre-screening, but that earlier this yearA&O hosted a Q&A session accompanying a college tour of the show “Psych” at NU.

Communication senior Stefanie Goliszewski, co-director of promotions and public relations, said the showing will be in line with other A&O events this year.

“Ultimately we try to give Northwestern students a lot of unique experiences,” she said. “It’s not every day you get to see an advanced screening of a movie, and say you got to talk to the star afterward.”

Bhandari said Shepard has shown “a surprising amount of range” in his acting roles.

“He’s done pretty well for himself,” Melbinger added, “for someone who started out as Ashton Kutcher’s sidekick.”