Clipse to perform at NU

A&O Productions and For Members Only have announced plans to collaborate for the first time in recent years, bringing hip-hop duo Clipse to Northwestern’s campus April 29.

Tickets will go on sale to undergraduate students April 22 and to graduate students April 25 through the Norris Box Office. They will cost $5 and $10, respectively.

The performance will take place in the Louis Room of Norris University Center. Last spring, FMO’s spring show featured another hip-hop group, The Cool Kids.

“I think it’s going to be great,” said Sam Lozoff, vice coordinator of programming for FMO. ” It’ll be different from last year’s show. There’s a high production value, the artist is great and overall it’s definitely been more of a holistic approach to producing, publicizing and doing all the preparation that goes into the concert. A lot of that has to do with the support of A&O.”

Lozoff said the collaboration was both creative and financial and came about after he approached Communication senior Barry McCardel, A&O’s chairman, during Spring Quarter last year.

“FMO is fronting most of the cost for it, and A&O helped out a lot on the promotion and background work that goes on at concerts,” the Weinberg junior said.

Stefanie Goliszewski, A&O’s co-director of promotions and public relations, said A&O and FMO make a strong pair.

“We thought it would be a great balance of what each of the two groups do,” the Communication senior said. “A&O puts on great shows, and FMO reaches a niche audience. We knew that combining both of our talents, we could put on a really great show.”

Goliszewski said the show should be well-received after this weekend’s performance by mash-up artist Girl Talk.

“We’re really excited for the show overall,” she said. “We think it’ll be a good continuation of programming after (A&O’s Spring) Ball.”

Clipse to perform at NU