Tech Spec: There’s an app for that.

Apple continues to dominate the tech world with its ever-trendy slew of gadgets, partly because of the popularity of its handy Apps and games. Below are a few of the best Apps available from Apple store – from time-wasters to life-changers.

Pandora

Free

Listening to the radio in the car is great and all, but commercials, repeated songs and talentless pop acts can make the experience annoying. That’s where Pandora comes in – The popular Internet radio station is tailor-made just for you. Just type in a song or artist you like, and Pandora will do the rest, creating a playlist of songs you won’t have to skip over.

Words with Friends

Free for the Lite version. $2.99 for the Ad-Free version.

A portable version of Scrabble, Words with Friends is one of the best ways to stay awake during a boring lecture. Play with your friends and people from across the world.

Skype

Free

Skype has made long-distance relationships more bearable, high school friendships effortless to maintain and homesickness easily curable. Unlike Apple’s own vid-chat app FaceTime, Skype can be used to chat with people who have Skype on their PC’s or Mac’s, not just their iPhone 4’s.

Facebook

Free

Yet another way to connect to the giant social network, just for those who can’t wait to make it to their computers to Facebook stalk.

NetFlix

Free

When news of the NetFlix app hit, cinephiles everywhere rejoiced. NetFlix members can pick from hundreds of Instant Watch films and stream them anywhere with phone service. Take movies with you on the train, in the library and yes, even the bathroom.

Nike+ GPS

$1.99

Avoid the freshman fifteen with the Nike+ GPS – Not only does it track your pace and calories burned, the GPS helps when you’ve run off track and don’t know where you are. Perfect for runners who want to venture into Chicago more.

Hipstamatic

$1.99

Hipsters, take heed. While the App is actually named after the plastic toy camera from the ‘80s, the overly-contrasted, highly-saturated and white-bordered images the App produces are so whimsical, The Cobra Snake would approve.

Mint

Free

Spending too much money at Norbucks? Mint helps you watch where your cash is going, even producing pie charts that even non-Econ majors can understand. When you can visually see your latte habit is costing you $200 a month, it might be easier to cut down your caffeine addiction.