Blotter: Feb. 25

Woman gets cut off, detaches driver’s mirror once stopped

A woman ripped the mirror off a car Tuesday after the driver cut her off, Evanston police said.

The owner of the damaged car said she cut in front of the suspect at Main Street and Asbury Avenue at 1:35 p.m., Cmdr. Tom Guenther said.

The cars stopped at Oakton Street and Dodge Avenue, where the suspect jumped out of her car yelling and ripped off the parking side mirror of the other car, he said.

The suspect fled east on Oakton, Guenther said.

Foreclosure fiend: padlock pried from boarded-up house

Someone cut the padlock on a foreclosed house Tuesday in the 1800 block of Hovland Court, police said.

Police have no suspects and are not sure if anything was taken, Guenther said. The property probably will be reboarded, and the case will be closed, he said.

A field representative for a local realty company reported the incident, Guenther said.ISRC residents caught with smelly room, marijuana

Three Northwestern students received tickets for marijuana possession Tuesday, police said.

A community assistant at the International Studies Residential College, 1861 Sheridan Rd., told officers at 8:30 p.m. he smelled smoke, University Police Deputy Chief Daniel McAleer said.

Officers traced the smell to a room on the third floor, McAleer said. Three students in the room admitted to having smoked marijuana, and officers saw a small bag of the drug on a desk, he said.

Officers confiscated the marijuana, and the students received city ordinance tickets, McAleer said.