C.A.S.E. mentors and markets NU student groups

A small group of Northwestern students is providing business advice to student groups on campus.

Consultants Advising Student Enterprises was formed about two years ago and is currently made up of about 15 students. Group members take on a different campus organization as a project each quarter.

The type of assistance C.A.S.E. offers varies, Communication senior Katherine Hill said.

“(The groups) have a project for us, and that may be anything from marketing for a student group to increasing membership or increasing membership involvement,” she said.

C.A.S.E. gives a midterm presentation and stays in contact throughout the quarter to present steps and encourage the groups to meet their goals, Hill said.

Hill said C.A.S.E. recently met with a group it helped last year.

“We keep close communication with the groups that we’ve worked with to see how they’re improving and what’s happened and how they’re implementing our strategies,” she said.Members of C.A.S.E. also benefit from their involvement in the consulting process, Ewelina Lewandowska said.

“I wanted to learn about consulting,” the Weinberg junior said. “I wanted to try it out, and this was a really great way to do it.”

Upperclassmen help younger members of the group with personal initiatives, she said.

“The group is also really good on the pay-it-forward mentality so the seniors will pick mentees, and they’re mentors,” she said. “They do résumé reviews with us, look at job applications, do practice interviews with us. It’s a lot of cool benefits to the members.”

-MARIA LAMAGNA