Firing Squad: Norris Center “needs a lift”

Dear Norris University Center,

As a resident of the back of your third floor for the past four years, I’ve been incredibly happy. No leaky pipes, rare temperature fluctuations and great safety (which is rare nowadays).But this year, I’ve got to be picky and blunt: The south elevator needs to be fixed.

During New Student Week it irked me as I got back into the groove of frequent (no, constant) Norris visits. I figured I’d suck it up, work my calves and hike up the stairs.

But no, it still had that sign: “Norris Center is currently upgrading this elevator. As a result wait time for the passenger elevator may be longer than usual. … Sorry for the inconvenience.”Besides the grammatical errors in the letter, (sorry, I had to say it) the sign has also been up for more than two months.

I figured it would be fixed by Homecoming weekend. We’d want our alums to appreciate Norris when they return, (and give more money) right? Wrong.

Then it must be ready by Parents Weekend, I told myself. They’re older, more apt to complain and want to see a perfect university. Still, no go.

So Norris, please give me the green light. I hate the creepy stairs between floors two and three and the general annoyance of waiting forever for an elevator.

Let’s make some moves.

– Emily GlazerEditor in Chief