Campus entrepreneurs at InNUvation

by Alexandra Finkel

Undergraduate entrepreneurs offered advice to about 20 Northwestern students Wednesday night in the Donald P. Jacobs Center as part of the Undergraduate Entrepreneurs Panel sponsored by InNUvation.

“Make sure you’re the best at what you’re doing because you need to have that competitive edge.”-BILL PULTE, Medill junior and president of Great Lake Helicopters, L.L.C., an aerial photography company.

“The way I define entrepreneurs is: When our friends and our peers say it’s not possible, we are the people that follow it to completion and say anything is possible.”-JOSH BROWER, Communication sophomore, president of Chicago Unzipped, a Chicago city guide

“Don’t be intimidated by adults. Adults aren’t as smart as you think they are, and you’re smarter than they think you are. I was intimidated by them, but now they work for me.”-BRIAN LEVIN, Weinberg freshman, founder of BDL Capital Advisors, a hedge fund investment firm

“It’s really important to have that attitude of giving back. When you have a relationship, money or rules don’t always matter.”-AVELO ROY, senior at the Illinois Institute of Technology, co-founder and CEO of eMotion, L.L.C., a social networking site for tween girls

“I don’t think I’ll be involved in Campus Solutions in five years, but it’s given me the fire to encourage me to start up something on my own later on.”- LI JIANG, Weinberg junior, owner and senior manager of Campus Solutions, an NU storage company