FMO brings Solange Knowles for spring concert

Updated April 10, 5:50 p.m. R&B artist Solange Knowles will headline the annual For Members Only spring concert April 19.

The concert will take place at 8 p.m. in the Louis Room at Norris University Center, coinciding with one of three Wildcat Days prospective student weekends, said FMO coordinator Marrion Johnson.

Knowles, often known as Beyonce’s younger sister, has released two albums in addition to songwriting for other artists and a brief acting career. Her latest album, SoL-AngeL & the Hadley Street Dreams, was released in 2008.

Tickets will go on sale April 14 at 10:30 a.m. at the Norris Box Office. The cost is $5 for NU students and $7 for non-NU students. There is no limit on the amount of tickets students can purchase, though only 300 tickets are available.

In an effort to increase minority enrollment, an additional 300 tickets will be reserved for black prospective students and their students hosts, Johnson said. The Office of Admissions has agreed to cover the cost of these tickets, he said.

In addition to Solange, the concert will include multiple other “special guests” that can’t be confirmed yet, Johnson said. He expects tickets to sell out quickly.

“I think that students are excited to see to see her,” Johnson said. “They might be underestimating her right now, but they’re going to be amazed.”