Indie band Tapes ‘n Tapes to headline Niteskool’s spring show

Indie rock band Tapes ‘n Tapes will perform at Northwestern on April 16 as the only act in Niteskool Production’s spring show, Niteskool announced Wednesday.

“We wanted to bring them because we knew specifically that they had a certain following within the university community,” said Niteskool President Robert Chang.

In the past, Niteskool has brought a number of indie artists including The Wrens, Man Man, Margot & the Nuclear So and So’s and Headlights.

Although previous shows have sold out, Headlights failed to draw a sizable crowd last year, Chang said.

“It was a fairly busy night for NU, and it wasn’t quite as filled as we would have liked,” the Weinberg senior said. “But I feel like Tapes ‘n Tapes has a bigger following so I’m hoping it will be successful.”

The band will perform in the Louis Room at Norris University Center; doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the show will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale Monday morning at the Norris Box Office for $5 for students with a WildCARD, $10 for guests of students and $15 for general admission.

Tapes ‘n Tapes was formed in 2003 at Carleton College in Northfield, Minn. Since then, the alternative rock group has released two albums and played at both Lollapalooza and the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in 2007 .