A&O to release more Demetri Martin tickets

A limited number of additional Demetri Martin tickets will go on sale Friday, Feb. 20 at noon on the Norris Box Office Web site, A&O Productions announced Wednesday.

Tickets originally went on sale Monday morning but sold out after five minutes. While many students reported complications with the online ticketing Web site, A&O was satisfied with the new system’s performance, said Barry McCardel, A&O’s co-director of promotion and public relations.

“We’ve been trying really hard to make more tickets available,” the Communication sophomore said. “We’ve been working with the venue and freed up some tickets that had already been allocated otherwise.”

On Friday, undergraduate students who have not yet purchased tickets will be able to buy only one ticket after creating an online profile, McCardel said.

Reopening ticket sales sets a new precedent for A&O, he said.

“We’ve sold out every show in the past year and a half,” McCardel said. “There are always students who want more tickets. But this time there was such a huge demand that we tried to do something about it.”

McCardel said he hopes students who were unable to secure a ticket will have the opportunity to do so on Friday.

“We are really excited to do this,” he said. “It’s kind of heartbreaking when so many kids can’t go to a show that is so popular.”

Austin Pate said he was relieved to hear about the new development. The SESP sophomore had previously been unable to buy a ticket when they went on sale on Monday.

“It’s really great to hear that they’re putting more tickets on sale,” Pate said. “It gives people another chance. Tickets just went so fast that not everyone was given a fair shot.”

Martin will perform at Pick-Staiger Concert Hall on Feb. 26 at 7:30 p.m.