The Week In Review

Jen Wieczner, the former editor-in-chief of The Weekly, resurfaces in this issue as the author of our much-anticipated cover story on Northwestern’s Office of Judicial Affairs and Mary Desler. Initially, Desler agreed to sit down for what would be a very rare interview, but decided, about an hour later, that she was no longer interested. We decided to go ahead with the story anyway and hope that it will shed some light on an office that little is known about.Elsewhere in this issue you’ll find an interview with the compelling Alpha Phi chef, George, our Man on the Beat subject who is deserving of far more space than we could give him here; a list of the three most important books – and one that every NU student should read – from Christopher Lane, an intellectual historian, author and professor at NU; a gallery of photographs of the fashion that students deem fit for a Monday night out at the Keg, an NU tradition; a creative essay about Obama and bird prophecies in a new department that will, we hope, allow our writers to stretch their creative muscles in new and exciting ways; and, as always, Confirmed and Denied. This week, we have some sad news: JuicyCampus, the gossip site, is shutting down.