The Weekly Memo

In writing a cover on admissions (pg. 6) and accompanying it with a survey that provided somewhat contrary results, we’ve spent a lot of time talking about those final days of high school, waiting for our Brown rejection letters to come. But in the end, we came to the conclusion that if we were to apply to college in this day and age, we probably wouldn’t get in. Then we’d be stuck, I dunno, watching Jenny Eisenhower perform in Philadelphia (Answers, pg 9), listening to Maria Carey’s latest album (pg. 12) or tagging the shit out of Chicago like some of the city’s most prolific public artists (pg. 8).

That said, now that we’re on campus, we’re able to keep ourselves busy with some more academic pursuits. We’ve spent the week looking into the scary world of college gossip (pg. 4), the even scarier prospect of falling asleep on the El (this page), and the all-too Jewish world of campus Seders (pg. 5) Now, that’s what we call intellect!

Study up on the latest issue, and let us know what’s bothering you by leaving comments on the Daily’s Web site. Last week’s stories were sorely lacking in vitriolic student viewpoints. Maybe it’s because our social diary didn’t talk about drugs and alcohol enough or perhaps your apathy explains why you didn’t get in to Harvard two years ago. Hey, there’s always graduate school.