A late holiday gift: The return of Forum

It stinks to be back in school so early. However, there is one advantage: the Forum Page is back that much sooner.

The page this quarter is loaded, plain and simple. We have five outstanding columnists who will write some of the edgiest stuff you have ever read.

They’ll be good, but we also need you. We need you to submit letters to the editor and to actively contribute. The page is truly for you and by you.

We want smart contributions – not silly drivel. To jump in the fray, send us a letter to the editor. Letters should up to 300 words in length and will be edited for grammar, clarity and style. Just send them to [email protected]. Write about anything, just come armed with an opinion.

We are much more than letters and columns at the Forum Page, however. On Mondays and Thursdays you can expect editorials that will cover the issues that impact the lives of students, as seen by The Daily’s editorial board. On Tuesdays look for guest columns that will cover any and every issue – if you want to write one, just send around 550 words of provocative writing our way and we’ll see what we can do. And on Friday, expect quick, fun and edgy takes on news in Highs and Lows, where nothing will be held back.

Let’s have a great quarter and let’s see some letters.

Forum Editor Troy Appel is a Weinberg senior. He can be reached at [email protected].