David Lee, 37, Kellogg graduate and financial manager

David Lee, Kellogg ’90, a loving husband, expectant father and financial portfolio manager, is confirmed missing in the collapse of the second World Trade Center tower Sept. 11. He was 37.

Lee worked on the 94th floor of Two World Trade Center as a senior vice president at Fiduciary Trust International, said Dennis Kuo, his brother-in-law.

Lee is the fifth Northwestern alumnus confirmed missing in the attacks.

Although he remains missing, Lee’s family still has faith he could be found.

“We have a glimpse of hope,” Kuo said. “The only hope we have is that he came down the stairs. We have hope, but we also have reality.”

After the first attack, Lee began descending the stairs, but after hearing a building announcement saying it was safe to stay, returned to his office to gather documents, Kuo said.

“He loved his job,” Kuo said. “He’s very dedicated, which is probably one of the reasons that led to him being missing.”

Lee was extremely thorough in all he did, Kuo said.

“He has plans about everything,” Kuo said. “It’s only September and he’d already planned out Christmas presents for my kids.”

Outside of work, Lee spent much of his time with his wife of a year and a half, Angela, who is pregnant.

“He spent most of his time with my sister,” Kuo said. “He always said to his colleagues my sister was perfect for him.”

A devoted family man, Lee was eagerly awaiting the birth of the couple’s first child.

“He loves kids,” Kuo said. “He had plans to buy a house with a big backyard next year.”

Kuo said his sister plans to raise the couple’s child in their town house in West Orange, N.J.

“Our goal is to try to help my sister as much as possible,” he said. “We don’t want her to be alone.”

Lee’s rich family life mirrored his promising career.

He graduated from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management in 1990 with an MBA in finance and international business. While at NU, he participated in the school’s Finance Club, Portfolio Club, International Business Club and intramural sports, said Edmund Wilson, Kellogg’s associate dean for student affairs.

Lee completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, where he graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Wilson said.

Lee’s college records reflect his intellectual skills, Wilson said.

“He’s a person who we were proud to have at Kellogg,” Wilson said. “His record at point of entry, record while here and placement upon graduation at Wall Street all suggest he’s an alumnus we can take a great deal of personal pride in.”