Blotter: April 14

Ciara McCarthy, Managing Editor

Evanston man punched in the face near Gigio’s Pizzeria

An Evanston resident was punched in the face Wednesday after a dispute near a pizza place in downtown Evanston.

The incident took place near Gigio’s Pizzeria, 1001 Davis St., on Wednesday evening at about 9:40 p.m. Two men were observed displaying gang signs with their hands before they attacked the Evanston man, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. The dispute may be gang-related, Parrott added. Police responded to the incident and found the two men several blocks away from the pizza place.

The injured man, 22, refused police services and medical attention. It does not appear that the man is in a gang, Parrott said. There will be no follow-up investigations in this case.

Man arrested after removing pants at a public park

A 71-year-old man was arrested Thursday after he removed his pants at a public park in the presence of children, police said.

The man was in Leider Park in south Evanston on Thursday. He knowingly took off his pants in the presence of children, Parrott said. Police charged him with disorderly conduct.

The man, who is from Elmwood Park, Ill., is scheduled to appear in court April 18.

Clarification: Due to an error in the EPD crime bulletin, a previous version of this article misstated the time at which the arrest took place. The man was arrested Thursday afternoon, not Thursday morning.

Twitter: @mccarthy_ciara