The Weekend Ahead: Campus performances to catch for Week 8

Illustration by Olivia Abeyta

Check out the upcoming campus and city performances in Week 8.

Audrey Hettleman, Arts & Entertainment Editor

If you’re looking for weekend plans, here are some student performances you won’t want to miss.

TBD: Wii Curling
Fisk 217

Thursday 7 and 10 p.m., Friday 10:30 p.m.
$5

Neo-futurist performance group TBD returns this weekend with Wii Curling. Join the group in Fisk Hall this weekend to see how it transforms an event from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for Wii into a performance.

American Music Theatre Project: Alumni Festival
Mussetter-Struble Black Box Theater, The Virginia Wadsworth Wirtz Center for the Performing Arts, Evanston Campus
Wirtz Theatre in Abbott Hall, Chicago Campus

Thursday and Friday 7:30 p.m. in Evanston, Saturday and Sunday 2 p.m. in Chicago
$5

On Thursday and Friday, the American Music Theatre Project will present two plays, “Escapeland” and “By Any Other Name,” on alternating days this weekend. Whether they are uncovering the dark truths of theme park employees or examining the identities of nine of Shakespeare’s young lovers, these plays featuring undergraduate casts are sure to delight and intrigue audiences.

Mayfest Productions: Dillo Day
The Lakefill

Saturday all day
Free for undergraduates, $15 for undergraduate guests, $25 for alumni and graduate students

It’s Dillo, haven’t you heard? Head to the Lakefill for a day of good tunes, good art and good eats. Performances will include sets from Dominic Fike, Remi Wolf, Sean Kingston and more.

Twitter: @AudreyHettleman