Crews to remove fence from Sheridan after completing phase 2 of construction project

Sheridan Road under construction earlier this year. Construction on Sheridan Road from Chicago Avenue to Lincoln Street is now complete, according to a Wednesday news release.

Daily file photo by Noah Frick-Alofs

Daily file photo by Noah Frick-Alofs

Jake Holland, Assistant City Editor

Crews will remove the fence along Sheridan Road by the week’s end after completing construction from Chicago Avenue to Lincoln Street, the Evanston Public Works Agency announced Wednesday.

The construction along Sheridan Road, which began in July, resulted in several incidents like a natural gas main breach and side road closures. As a result of the completion, all northbound and southbound lanes have been reopened.

The two-way bike lane from Davis to Lincoln Streets is also open, according to a news release. Final pavement markings are expected to be completed Thursday, and the sidewalk on both sides of Sheridan Road is now open to pedestrians.

Crews will remove the chain link fence along Sheridan by the end of the week, starting at Lincoln Street and proceeding south, the release said.

The end of construction from Chicago Avenue to Lincoln Street marks the completion of the second phase of the project. The third and final phase — construction from Lincoln Street to Ridge Avenue/Isabella Street — will begin in the spring.

Email: jacobholland2020@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @jakeholland97