Connections for the Homeless announces new executive director

Elena Sucharetza, Assistant City Editor

Connections for the Homeless, an Evanston organization that works to prevent homelessness and aid homeless people in the city, announced its new executive director last Wednesday.

Betty Bogg will come into the position with 22 years of experience in other Chicago-based agencies focused on fighting homelessness. Starting in 1993, Bogg worked at Deborah’s Place, a Chicago-based agency specifically focused on solving homelessness for Chicago women. She later served as director of accounting at the agency. Bogg also served as director of operations for eight years at Teen Living Programs, an organization focused on serving homeless youth in Chicago.

“All nonprofits are gearing up for challenging times, given increased poverty rates in Illinois and a funding climate that is unpredictable,” Bogg said in a news release. “I’m eager to help Connections ensure … it continues its innovation and adaptability in providing people in need with what they need most.“

Bogg will replace Sue Loellbach, the organization’s interim executive director since May, Larry Donoghue, Connections’ president of the board of directors, said in the release. Loellbach will continue to work at Connections as the agency’s director of development, a position she has held since 2010. Connections will host a Nov. 19 open house so that the public can meet Bogg at the organization’s offices, 2121 Dewey Ave.

Twitter: @elenasucharetza