Party Preview: NU Fridays @ Crescendo, Comedy Forum Stand-Up Showcase

NU Fridays @ Crescendo

Buses will leave the sorority quad (the corner of Emerson and Orrington) on Friday, Jan. 21 at 9:15 p.m., headed for trendy Chicago nightclub Crescendo (222 W. Ontario St.). Cover charge will be $5 – which includes round-trip bus transportation, entrance into the club and three drink tickets. The buses will return to campus at 2:30 a.m. Sunday. The event is not University-sponsored but rather organized by McCormick senior and part-time DJ Joshua Lau, as well as fellow McCormick senior/DJ Alican Baylan.

The two aspiring DJs have paired with the promoter, Crescendo, to provide discounted tickets to NU students. “Normally it would be a $20 cover,” Lau said. “It’s an awesome way for Northwestern students to hear some great music at a really cheap price.”

*This is a 21+ event.

Comedy Forum: Stand-Up Showcase

The Northwestern Comedy Forum will host a two-night stand-up showcase this weekend: Friday, Jan. 21, at 10 p.m. and Saturday, Jan. 22, at 11 p.m. in Louis Hall (1877 Campus Dr.), room 119. Both shows will last an hour and cost $2. This showcase is just one of two shows the Comedy Forum will present in Winter Quarter. The date of the second showcase has yet to be released.

“We’re really excited,” Communication sophomore and event organizer Dan Selinger said. “We just want to bring more stand-up to Northwestern. The shows are only an hour long, they’re accessible and they’re funny.… It’s a cheap way to see some good stand-up on campus.”