Misdemeanor charges dropped against NU faculty for activity during pro-Palestinian encampment

Letters to the Editor

Bowles has to do better

A Daily column is a prized possession to many. It is a highly sought after space that should be used to comment on important issues.

Over the course of my years at Northwestern, I have read my fair share of Daily columns, some more poignant than others, but Henry M. Bowles III repeatedly disappoints me. This week, I found his column inadequate, simply because of its failure to say anything at all of merit.

I wonder, amidst a nonsensical rant that recounts Biblical figures, what the point is. Is it just an opportunity for you to remind us that you are aware that The Pope has kept up with post-structuralist literature instead of commenting on the role of the current papacy and influence of Catholicism in modern society?

Even an incendiary column, like last week’s that incited dialogue, albeit fuming, is arguably more worthwhile because students did not merely toss their papers with their lunch trays.

College, I believe, has taught us how to use our time wisely. I recommend that Bowles learn to use his coveted space wisely in future weeks.

– Kate Eyerman,

Weinberg senior

Fight student loan cuts

Today the House of Representatives will vote on a budget reconciliation bill that would carry with it the single largest cut in federal student aid in the history of the program.