Blotter: Nexium stolen from Walgreens

Joshua Irvine, Copy Chief

Evanston police responded Thursday evening to a report of a burglary at a Walgreens in the 2100 block of Green Bay Road.

CCTV footage captured two men entering the store around 8:54 p.m., said Evanston Police Department Cmdr. Ryan Glew. The two men met in an aisle and deposited seven to eight bottles of Nexium, a drug that treats gastrointestinal reflux, valued at $12.99 each, in a Walgreens shopping basket, Glew said. They then left without paying and were last seen heading west towards Jackson Avenue.

Total value of the stolen goods is estimated around $100, Glew said. The police currently have no one in custody.

Documents stolen from parked car

A car parked at a residence in the 1300 block of Maple Avenue was broken into sometime between Tuesday and Thursday, Glew said.

A 62-year-old woman called EPD to report that someone had entered her daughter’s car and displaced the contents of the car’s glove compartment; the mother, a resident of Naples, Fla., was house-sitting, Glew said. The woman kept the car locked, but later discovered from her daughter that the passenger side door of the car did not lock properly, he added.

The only item known to be removed from the car was the vehicle’s registration, Glew said. Police do not have any suspects and no one is in custody.

Twitter: @maybejoshirvine