Three new members elected to NU Board of Trustees

Ally Mauch, Assistant Campus Editor

Three new members have been elected to the Board of Trustees, the University announced in a news release Monday.

Fernando Chico (Kellogg ’76), Lynn Hopton Davis (Weinberg ’82, Kellogg ’86) and Jianming Yu (Kellogg ’00) will each serve four-year terms on the board.

Chico, a businessman in Mexico and Latin America, founded a brokerage firm in Mexico that became one of the country’s largest financial groups, according to the release. He is currently the CEO of a private equity investment firm, Promecap, and formerly served as president of the trust of Universidad Iberoamericana, a university in Mexico City.

Davis is a senior managing director of the Columbia Management Investment Advisers, an investment group. In this role, she oversees approximately $8 billion in assets, the release said. Davis founded the Los Angeles regional board of the Northwestern University Leadership Circle and co-chairs the Los Angeles regional We Will campaign committee.

Yu is the co-founder and managing partner of a Chinese private equity firm, New Horizon Capital, and “has been recognized as one of China’s most notable investors,” the release said. In 2011, Yu was named one of China’s top venture capitalists by Forbes magazine.

Twitter: @allymauch