Blotter: Woman arrested near downtown Evanston after failing sobriety test

Jake Holland, Assistant City Editor

A 56-year-old woman was arrested early Tuesday morning near downtown Evanston in connection with driving under the influence of drugs.

Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said the woman, a resident of Round Lake Beach in Lake County, was stopped in the 500 block of Davis Street after officers observed her driving the wrong way near the intersection of Davis Street and Sherman Avenue.

When officers pulled the woman over and asked for her license, she told them she had lost it, Dugan said. The woman said she was returning home from a trip to Schaumburg, Illinois.

Dugan said the woman failed a standard field sobriety test and was taken to the police station, where she was charged with driving under the influence. The woman was also given citations for driving without a license and for driving the wrong way on a one-way street.

Man charged with driving under the influence in west Evanston

A 38-year-old man was arrested Monday night in connection with driving under the influence of drugs after officers spotted him disobeying a traffic control device.

The man, who nearly hit a vehicle near the intersection of Green Bay Road and Emerson Street, was stopped by police in the 1800 block of Ridge Avenue, Dugan said.

Dugan said the man’s eyes were bloodshot and his speech slurred. After failing a standard field sobriety test, the man was charged with driving under the influence. He was also given a citation for disobeying traffic control devices.

Twitter: @jakeholland97