Evanston Community Foundation announces one-year rolling grants

Jake Holland, Copy Chief

The Evanston Community Foundation will now accept applications for rolling grants, open to groups that provide services to local residents, the organization announced in a Monday news release.

The grants are available to Evanston groups “for projects that meet specific criteria furthering the mission to address the issues, concerns or opportunities in the Evanston community.” They are awarded on a quarterly basis and range up to $5,000; the first quarterly review of proposals will be in June for grants beginning July 1.

Each grant seeks to improve Evanston and its various communities, including developments in capacity building — projects that support an organization’s long-term growth — collaborative efforts and alliances, pilot programs, and time-sensitive enterprises, according to the program’s website.

Former recipients of the grant can apply again but may only receive a single, one-year rolling grant per year. Applicants cannot be general operations, individuals, endowments, fundraising events or event sponsorships, including appeals for religious purposes. However, faith-based organizations can apply for projects that improve the “general community.”

According to the program’s website, ECF is “unlikely to fund” capital campaigns and one-time performances, events or conferences.

“We are delighted to be able to offer funding throughout the year in order to be more nimble and responsive,” said Marybeth Schroeder, vice president for programs at ECF, in the news release. “Rolling Grants will give ECF the ability to capitalize on new ideas and opportunities to make our community more just, vibrant and inclusive.”

Twitter: @jakeholland97