Fire breaks out in northwest Evanston home

Julian Gerez, Reporter

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






A fire broke out at a northwest Evanston home Friday afternoon.

The family of six who lives in the home, 2519 Harrison St., was able to exit the house safely.

Evanston fire department Division Chief Dwight Hohl said the fire started at around 12:33 p.m. in the attic space of the three-story house.

“It was a very tough fire,” he said. “It took about three hours to get it under control. We had 10 other fire departments from 10 communities assist us.”

The fire caused nearby McDaniel Avenue to be closed to vehicular traffic between Central Street and Lincoln Street, police said.

One firefighter was injured at the home and taken to the hospital in stable condition, city officials said.

This post was updated Sunday at 8:55 p.m. with additional information.

Email: juliangerez2017@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @JulianEGerez

Comments