Blotter: March 5

Julian Gerez, Reporter

Criminal sexual assault reported on North Campus

A Campus Security Authority reported Monday a case of criminal sexual assault in a North Campus residence hall, University Police said.

The assault occurred on Feb. 11. The student did not give any specific information about herself or the assault, Deputy Chief Dan McAleer said.

Cigarettes, candy, jumper cables stolen from trunk of parked car in south Evanston

Several items were taken from a locked vehicle in the parking lot of an Evanston retail store Monday afternoon. 

Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said someone broke the window of a 2006 Toyota Corolla and unlocked the trunk, where six cartons of Marlboro cigarettes, $40 worth of candy and a pair of jumper cables were stolen. 

The owner of the items, a 39-year-old Skokie resident, was parked in the Sam’s Club lot, 2450 Main St., when the burglary occurred, police said. 

Parrott said burglaries in this lot have happened several times in the past, and customers may be watched by individuals putting items into their cars before breaking in when the customers go into another store.

Apple products stolen from car in north Evanston

An iPod touch, a 14-inch MacBook Pro and a Garmin GPS were taken from an unlocked car in north Evanston on Thursday night. 

Police said the crime was not reported until Monday. The owner of the items, a 40-year-old Evanston resident, left his car unlocked in a private residence in the 1200 block of Isabella Street. Parrott said there appeared to be no signs of forced entry into the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. 

Ciara McCarthy contributed reporting.

Twitter: @JGerez_news