Misdemeanor charges dropped against NU faculty for activity during pro-Palestinian encampment

That’s my Jam with Dolphin Show co-producer Jeremy Shpizner

Get ready to put on your dancing shoes! Communication junior Jeremy Shpizner discusses life outside of the 70th Annual Dolphin Show: 42nd Street. As the show’s co-producer, Shpizner took time out of his busy schedule and stepped out of Cahn to talk about rediscovering The Decemberists and his eighth grade dreams.

Excerpts:

The Current: What TV shows have you been trying to keep up with through tech week?

Jeremy Shpizner: I would love to say that I’m too busy for TV right now, but I always find time for “How I Met Your Mother.” My roommate got me started on it last quarter and I watched all six seasons in two weeks. Not during tech week, I watch “Dexter” but last season wasn’t that great except for the last 30 seconds of the finale.

The Current: What is your favorite movie? Any guesses for Oscar winners this year?

JS: I did see Beauty and the Beast 3D. It’s sad to say I spent $13 on a movie I’ve seen a million times, but I did! My favorite ever is High Fidelity.. It’s one that I watch when I’m sad or happy or just need to watch a movie in my room. I know it’s not the best movie, but I love it. I wanted to be that John Cusack character in 8th grade. I also saw The Descendants, probably my favorite of the past couple months. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

The Current: Excluding readings for school, what books have you read recently that you would willingly recommend?

JS: I’m embarrassed to say this because I should have read it a long time ago, but I finally read Cat’s Cradle. I’m obsessed.

The Current: Any new theatrical work outside of NU that you think we should be aware of?

JS: Traces. It’s kind of a mix between Stomp and Cirque du Soleil. Just a bunch of men and women doing incredible stunts. It’s a huge sensation.

The Current: What’s on your iPod lately?

JS: “42nd Street!” I’ve had the songs stuck in my head! A lot of The Naked and Famous, The Boxer Rebellion and Miike Snow. I’ve rediscovered the newest Decemberist album. I didn’t like it at first, but I’ve come to really love it. A lot of people say that they’ve sold out to the new folk sound, but I think they’ve just found a newer sound.

“42nd Street” opens this weekend at Cahn Auditorium on Friday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m.

-Hayley Stevens