Misdemeanor charges dropped against NU faculty for activity during pro-Palestinian encampment

That’s My Jam with Patrick Schnettler

McCormick junior Patrick Schnettler admits he may not be the most media-friendly guy. Television has no place in his busy schedule. But the Interfraternity Council president-elect spared a few moments to share his love for ’90s bands and give his grandmother a shout-out on her latest book.

Excerpts:

The Current: What are three songs you’d put on a mix tape of your life right now?

Patrick Schnettler: I’ve always been a huge Dispatch fan. I think “Bang Bang” would be an all-time favorite. They’re a ’90s band. All my favorite music is ’90s bands. It’s what I grew up with and I kind of stuck to that. I think “Free Fallin” by Tom Petty, it’s a classic, and “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind. It was stuck in my head all day.

The Current: Last movies you saw that you loved or hated?

PS: The last movie that I saw was The Muppets. It was kind of entertaining but at the same time, a complete waste of $10. My roommate made me watch A Clockwork Orange and it totally creeped me out. I’ve had nightmares ever since.

The Current: Let’s talk about the Internet. Fill in the blank. If you got paid for browsing __________, you’d be a millionaire.

PS: This is kind of funny. Weather.com. I obsessively check weather.com and I have absolutely no idea why I’m really concerned about what the weather’s going to be like at 2 a.m., but that is a habit of mine.

The Current: What is the last book you read that wasn’t for class?

PS: The last one I read was my grandmother’s book. Reaching for Venus by Mary Schnettler. She uses a lot of family stuff to inspire her stories and her characters, so it’s interesting. There isn’t a character based on me or my uncle but it’s a mesh of people. That’s the way she explained it to me, and I saw that as well.

– Colleen Park

That’s My Jam with Patrick Schnettler