Meet the Columnist: Kayla

I am a Weinberg sophomore hailing from the great state of Missouri, which is home to Kansas City (I still don’t understand that one), the Gateway Arch, and lots of caves, rivers and streams.

I spent two quarters exploring academics before finding my love for anthropology. I am particularly interested in the universal concept of identity and the role culture plays in defining identity. I am also fascinated by language, and if I could choose any career, I would choose one that let me do nothing but learn and use as many languages as I could squeeze into one lifetime.

I love the idea of being everything I am supposed to be, and I am quite content to develop my natural interests and abilities. Still, if I could buy any natural talent, I would purchase a high-quality sense of direction for myself.

I’m a Wildcat, a friend, a laugher, a daughter, a wonderer, a sister, a restless thinker and an imperfect human. My life has unfolded in a way that has made me hunger for purpose and understanding. It is my hope that my life experiences will intersect your own in some way and that my musings will prompt reflection in your life.

Kayla Foulk is a columnist for The Daily. Her columns will appear every other Wednesday. She can be reached at [email protected].